If you are looking for the perfect, festive holiday treat, try this delicious Weight Watchers Gingerbread Recipe for your next holiday party.
There is nothing like the taste of gingerbread around this time of year to make it really feel like Christmas, so I was thrilled to find such a low Points Christmas recipe to share! The thing I love about this holiday dessert recipe, is that they are gingerbread cupcakes, as opposed to the traditional gingerbread cookies, so it’s unique. PLUS, I love finger food desserts that don’t require me to sit down with a plate and fork.
These little low calorie Christmas cupcakes are so tasty and incredibly cute, your guests will love them – and feel free to decorate them for a more festive touch! I also like to serve them with a nice, hot spiced apple cider.
And with just 2 Weight Watchers Points per cupcake, this holiday gingerbread recipe is a MUST. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Christmas Gingerbread Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 sprays non fat cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-grain wheat flour
- 2/3 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 cups lite whipped topping (like Cool Whip Lite)
*For a recipe variation, try adding a few drops of a lemon or orange extract to your Cool Whip tipping. Mix well with Cool whip, and then top your cupcakes with it! Yum!
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat two 12-cup muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and allspice in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add applesauce, molasses and egg whites; stir until mixture is moist and well-combined.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes to room temperature and serve each topped with 2 tablespoons of whipped topping.
- For an added touch, decorate with some Christmas colored sprinkles!
Makes 24 cupcakes
Each cupcake = 2 Weight Watchers Points