Here’s another tasty holiday dessert recipe that is sure to go over very well with your dinner guests! It’s incredibly easy to make, tastes fabulous and is a great Weight Watchers Christmas Dessert to enjoy, if you are counting your Points.
This apple cobbler recipe or apple streusel recipe, is great to make in lieu of an apple pie because it will save you a lot of Weight Watchers Points, but still have the same general taste as your traditional apple pie recipe.
Another thing I liked about this dish was that it was SO easy to serve. Most apple cobblers, streusels or pies can get messy when served in the usual pie dish.
When I made this for a dinner party, I prepared individual servings in little dessert bowls, and simply set them out for guests to grab as they mingled around. It looked so CUTE and was a unique, gourmet way of serving it. And of course, it tasted so good, no one knew that each serving of these cute little serving was so low in calories.
If you are a Weight Watcher, the holidays can be tough — so give this low calorie apple streusel recipe a try this Christmas and enjoy a traditional holiday treat without all the extra fat and calories!
Weight Watchers Apple Streusel Recipe
- 4 medium apples
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 3 tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together apples, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice; pour into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Cut flour, oatmeal, remaining brown sugar and margarine together with a pastry blender or fork in a medium bowl; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake until apples are tender and top is browned, about 45 minutes.
Serving size = 1/2 cup
Each serving = 3 Weight Watchers Points