Stuffed Cabbage is a classic Jewish recipe that makes a great addition to your Hanukkah dinner!
Most beef stuffed cabbage recipes can be pretty fattening and caloric, but this slimmed down version is sure to make you jump for joy. Each 2 roll serving has just 6 Weight Watchers Points, and the taste is so amazing, no one will even know that it’s a Weight Watchers recipe. They are very easy to make and they serve as a great dish to take to a holiday gathering or potluck dinner.
So if you are looking for a delicious Hanukkah recipe that is tasty, impressive and low in Points, give this one a try – your friends and family are sure to love it!
Weight Watchers Stuffed Cabbage Recipe
- 1/3 heads Savoy cabbage, about 8 whole leaves
- 1/2 pound uncooked extra lean ground beef (with about 4% fat)
- 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 29 oz canned diced tomatoes, seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano
**Wanna turn this into a 4 Point Weight Watchers Recipe instead? Just substitute the rice for Orzo Miracle Noodle instead! Tastes the same, but you’ll knock 2 whole Weight Watchers Points off of each serving!! Woohoo!!!
- Wrap cabbage leaves in plastic wrap or moist paper towels and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, until soft.
- Cut off the thickest, white portion of the spine of each leaf to make leaves pliable and easy to fold; set aside.
- Combine beef, rice, water, bread crumbs, carrot, onion, garlic, egg white, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of beef mixture onto center of each leaf. Fold up bottom of leaf to cover filling, tuck in sides and then continue rolling to make loose rolls (rice will expand during cooking so it is important not to roll them too tightly).
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat; add rolls and saute until golden brown on all sides, turning frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until cooked through, checking pot every 15 minutes and stirring to prevent sticking, about 1 hour. (If sauce thickens or reduces, add water.) Enjoy!
Serving Size = 2 cabbage rolls
Each serving = 6 Weight Watchers Points