I am in love with mashed potatoes, like seriously IN LOVE. But being a Weight Watcher, they can take up a lot of my daily Points if I decide to indulge in them! One day after having the most awesome, yummiest garlic mashed potatoes EVER at Stonefire Grill, I was determined to recreate this amazingly delicious mashed potato recipe with less fat, calories and Weight Watchers Points. And I must say, I’m pretty darn proud of myself! My version was creamy and flavorful and so incredibly tasty, I was THRILLED that each serving was only 3 Weight Watchers Points. Plus, because it has so much going on in it, you don’t need to add any gravy, which therefore adds on Points. So this is the perfect Weight Watchers holiday recipe to serve up this year. If you love mashed potatoes, but don’t want to blow your Points on an unhealthy version, give my Weight Watchers garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe a try immediately. It’s a must for your Christmas or Hanukkah dinner table!
Weight Watchers Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
– 3 oz of red potatoes, washed and cut into quarters, unpeeled
– 1 3/4 cup chopped cauliflower (you can use frozen if you prefer)
– 4 cloves fresh garlic, whole
– 3 tbsp fat free sour cream
– 8 squirts “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” Zero Calorie Butter Spray
– 2 tbsp fat free half & half
– 1/4 cup of fat free cheddar cheese (cubed, not shredded) *If you can’t find a block of fat free cheddar, then just go ahead and use the shredded
– 1 tbsp reduced fat parmesean cheese
– 1/2 cup chopped green onions
– salt and pepper to taste
* This recipe makes one big, yummy serving that you can have all to yourself! For additional servings, simply multiply the ingredients accordingly
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil potatoes and cauliflower in a pot with water until they are soft and tender (about 20 -30 min). While they are cooking, roast your garlic cloves in the oven until softened and a bit blackened. Once your potatoes and garlic are ready, drain your potatoes/cauliflower and transfer to a large, oven safe bowl. Add in butter, sour cream, roasted garlic, chopped green onions, salt & pepper, and half &half, and mash together until desired texture is achieved. Then slowly fold in cheese, and it should start to melt naturally from the hot potatoes. Transfer entire bowl to oven, and let it cook for about 10-15 min or until the top starts to get crispy and golden. Enjoy!
Makes 1 HUGE serving
Each serving = 3 Weight Watchers Points