Start the new year off right with this delicious and healthy Chicken and Spinach Lasagna Recipe from Weight Watchers. It’s loaded with fiber, protein, and tons of vitamins and minerals — so not only is it low in Points, but it’s really good for you too!
This fabulous pasta recipe is full of delicious flavors and has so many beautiful colors that it is something your whole family will enjoy and will be a fantastic dinner presentation.
With 8 Weight Watchers Points per serving, this healthy lasagna recipe would work great served with a low calorie or low Point salad, or perhaps even my 1 Point Weight Watchers Garlic Bread!
Whether you are starting off a new diet, restarting an old one, or just trying to eat better, this Weight Watchers Recipe should be a staple in your recipe book. It will NOT disappoint!
Weight Watchers Chicken and Spinach Lasagna Recipe
- 1 sprays cooking spray
- 32 oz Marinara sauce, store-bought
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked ground chicken breast
- 30 oz fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 9 dry lasagna noodles
- 20 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 ½ cup shredded Kraft Natural Cheese Low-moisture part-skim mozzarella, or other brand (about 12oz)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large, deep lasagna pan with cooking spray. Measure 2 cups of marinara sauce; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until almost tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add remaining marinara sauce to skillet and stir until well combined; set aside.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, egg whites, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a large bowl until well combined. T
- To assemble lasagna, place 2 cups of reserved marinara sauce on bottom of dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/3 of ricotta mixture, 1/3 of spinach, 1/3 of mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of chicken-sauce mixture; repeat layers ending with chicken-sauce mixture. (Make sure to spread ingredients to edge of noodles.)
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake lasagna for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly, about 20 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 8 equally sized pieces.
Makes 8 servings
Each serving = 8 Weight Watchers Points