I love the sweet and tart flavor of homemade lemon bars! So light and refreshing and yet so creamy and decadent. And this Weight Watchers Lemon Bars Recipe really hit the spot! They were so good, it was really hard to eat just one, but since they really are incredibly flavorful, I was able to satisfy my sweet tooth with just one serving.
The key with this recipe is managing to keep the buttery crust recipe the same, but reduce the whole crust amount by 1/3. It’s the same great taste and texture but for less POINTS values. Though you can lighten up the crust, a bit more, the taste is much better prepared as it is in this recipe, and flavor compromise isn’t an option here!
I also love the look of these adorable little Weight Watchers Desserts! They are perfect to serve any party or celebration and make a great Wedding Shower Recipe or Baby Shower Recipe. They are also great to serve at summer BBQ’s and 4th of July picnics.
With just 3 Weight Watchers Points per serving, this is one of the tastiest, but still low calorie Lemon Bar Recipes I’ve had. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust, mix flour and light brown sugar using a food processor until fully incorporated.
- Toss butter into flour mixture and pulse to combine using short bursts of power until butter is cut into tiny pea-sized pieces and dough appears lumpy.
- Sprinkle crust mixture onto an ungreased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan as evenly as possible; press down with a spatula to create a packed surface.
- Place crust in middle of oven and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make lemon topping, beat eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add vanilla extract and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar; mix well.
- Add lemon juice and remaining powdered sugar; mix until powdered sugar is completely dissolved and then add zest.
- As soon as crust is finished, remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Immediately pour lemon mixture over hot crust.
- Bake completely, about 30 minutes; cool, and cut into 24 bars.
Yields 1 bar per serving.
NOTES: The crust must be HOT when you pour on the lemon mixture.
You’ll need approximately three lemons to yield the amount of juice and zest in this recipe.
You can increase the lemon flavor of these bars by adding more zest or eliminate the zest altogether for a less tart taste. You can also change the flavor completely by subbing fresh lime juice and zest for the lemon.
Serving size is 1 Lemon Bar
Each serving = 3 Weight Watchers Points