It’s just a few days away from Super Bowl Sunday, and I still have some great Weight Watchers Recipes that are manly enough for the boys to devour, but still easy on your diet!
This Jalapeno Popper Recipe is really easy to make and taste so good that no one will have any idea they are eating a low calorie snack! These fabulous baked and battered little bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are the perfect Super Bowl Recipe to share on game day. They are low on calories, but high in flavor and are sure to be a huge hit!
There is such a nice variety of flavor layers in this recipe and they all coincide together perfectly. I’ve had the traditional fried jalapeno poppers before, but when I tried this baked version of bacon wrapped poppers, I thought I’d died and gone to heaven! Not only did it taste better than the fried, but it was waaaaay lower in fat and calories, so I could really enjoy them!
With just 3 Weight Watchers Points per serving, this Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Recipe is a must have for your Super Bowl party menu!
Weight Watchers Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 2 sprays non fat olive oil cooking spray
- 2 oz light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 small jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1 cup Fiber One Cereal (ground to breadcrumb like consistency)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 16 slices Jennie-O Extra Lean Turkey Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise; mix well and set aside.
- Halve jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds. (Oil and seeds from the peppers can be irritating — wear gloves or put plastic bags over your hands. And don’t rub your eyes.) Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Place egg substitute in a shallow dish. Place Fiber One crumbs in a separate shallow dish, and mix in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Dip stuffed jalapeno halves into egg substitute and then roll in Fiber One crumbs to coat.
- Then wrap one slice of bacon around popper, similar to how it appears in this photo:
- Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe makes 16 Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 Jalapeno Poppers, (4 halves)
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 140 calories; 4g fat; 6g carbohydrates; 15g protein; 3g fiber