Potato Skins are always a crowd pleaser! And these crispy, spicy potato skins, topped with bacon, cheddar cheese and a fabulous Tex-Mex sauce are sure to be one of the yummiest Super Bowl Recipes you’ll find.
It’s a slimmed down version that has a lot less fat, calories, and Weight Watchers Points, but still packs in tons of flavor and potato-y goodness! As you are gearing up to make your Super Bowl Snacks, make sure to add this fantastic Weight Watchers Recipe to the list, you’re party guests will love you for it. And they won’t have any idea that they are chomping down on a much healthier version of their favorite appetizers!
This finger food snack is a fabulous Weight Watchers Super Bowl Recipe that you should definitely be serving up on Super Bowl Sunday….enjoy!!
And make sure to check back on Saturday for my Super Bowl Recipe Roundup (in case you missed any of them).
Weight Watchers Crispy Chipotle Potato Skins Recipe
- 4 large potatoes, baking-variety, cooked, cooled and quartered lengthwise
- Non-Fat Olive Oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp chili powder, or chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp hot Extra Lean Turkey Bacon (you can also use Bacon Bits if you can’t find the Turkey Bacon)
- 3/4 cups shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 medium scallions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup low fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scoop out flesh of potatoes, leaving a thin layer of potato flesh in potato. (Reserve remaining potato flesh for another use such as mashed potatoes.)
- In a small bowl, combine oil, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Spray insides of potato wedges with non-fat cooking spray.
- Place potato wedges in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet; sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions; serve with sour cream on the side.
Makes 8 servings.
Serving size is 2 potato skins and about 1 1/2 tablespoons of sour cream
Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers Points