I was so excited to try out this casserole recipe when I first found it. I’ve just always been a fan of casseroles, and I thought this Weight Watchers Casserole Recipe, I thought it looked really unique and delicious. So I cooked this for dinner a couple of weeks ago and it was fabulous!
Creamy and tasty and so full of different flavors and textures, this Weight Watchers Corn Casserole Recipe is getting added to my list of favorite casserole recipes immediately! For just 3 Weight Watchers Points per serving, this corn casserole makes an excellent side dish recipe for any family meal, and is a great dish to take to a potluck dinner as well!
If you are looking for a new casserole recipe to try out that not only tastes fantastic, but is low in calories and Points, this is the one to try! It’s a dish the whole family will love and it will keep you on track with your Weight Watcher Plan!
Weight Watchers Corn Casserole Recipe
- 2 sprays cooking spray, divided
- 1 slice bacon, uncooked, finely diced
- 2/3 cup onions, diced
- 2/3 cup sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 14 3/4 oz canned cream-style white corn
- 3 medium corn on the cob, kernels removed* (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 3/4 cup low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 cup seasoned croutons, whole-grain, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 2-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Pour off and discard drippings from skillet.
- Add onion to skillet. Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add red pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and let cool 5 minutes. Stir in bacon, canned corn, fresh corn, egg substitute, cheese, salt and ground pepper. Spread corn mixture in baking dish.
- Top evenly with croutons and lightly spray croutons with cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is golden and center is set, about 15 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serving size is 1/2 cup
Each serving = 3 Weight Watchers Points