Though not the traditional quesadilla recipe that we all know and love, this twist on the Mexican favorite is really yummy!
Combining beef, spinach mushrooms and blue cheese, this quesadilla packs a fabulous punch of flavor and has just 2 Weight Watchers Points per serving and is one of my all time favorite Weight Watcher Recipes!
With just the right amount of heat and tang, this Weight Watchers Spinach and Beef Quesadilla Recipe is sure to be a hit with your Super Bowl party or any other fun get together!
It makes a great appetizer recipe too, so try serving it at your next dinner party and impress your guests with its unique flavor combination.
Weight Watchers Beef and Spinach Quesadillas Recipe
- 1/3 cup cooked lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco sauce
- 4 large burrito-size wheat flour tortillas
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together beef and taco sauce.
- Lay two tortillas on a flat surface and divide beef mixture between them. Sprinkle each tortilla with half of cheese, cumin, mushrooms, spinach and red pepper flakes; top each with a remaining tortilla.
- Set a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place one quesadilla in skillet and cook until brown spots form on bottom of tortilla, about 3 to 4 minutes; flip and cook until brown spots form again, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove quesadilla to a large cutting board and cover to keep warm; repeat with remaining quesadilla.
Cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges and serve.
Serving size is 2 quesadilla wedges
Each serving = 2 Weight Watchers Points