In the spirit of the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day holiday, I’ve got another yummy Irish recipe to share! It’s a Weight Watchers Skillet Pork and Cabbage Recipe that is super easy to make and tastes delicious. And with just 3 Weight Watchers Points, this healthy St. Patrick’s Day Recipe will keep you on track to meeting your weight loss goals in no time!
Made with lean boneless pork chops, this Weight Watchers recipe is Irish-inspired, and tastes terrific with a splash of cider vinegar. It’s light and tangy, and oh-so-yummy!
Serve this as your main dish dinner recipe for St. Paddy’s Day, and enjoy the spirit of the Irish without using up all your Weight Watcher Points.
Weight Watchers Skillet Pork and Cabbage Recipe
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 1 spray non fat cooking spray
- 1 pound center loin pork, lean only, 6 thin boneless pork chops
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 tsp thyme, fresh, minced, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage, coarsely shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, or to taste
TIP: Garnish with fresh thyme. Toss in some shredded carrot and bell pepper for color and added flavor. You can also use green cabbage if you prefer.
- Combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt on a plate; dredge pork in flour and turn to coat.
- Coat a very large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add pork chops in a single layer; cook, flipping once, until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove pork and set aside. (If necessary, cook pork chops in two batches.)
- Remove skillet from heat and coat with more cooking spray; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth to skillet; scrape up any browned bits of food with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in thyme, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Return pork to skillet; sprinkle cabbage on top.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup of broth into skillet, cover and reduce heat to low; simmer, turning pork over and stirring cabbage halfway through cooking, about 45 minutes.
- Serving size is 1 pork chop and about 2/3 cup of vegetables
Each serving = 3 Weight Watchers Points