This Passover, there’s no need to eliminate all the traditional holiday foods that you love and enjoy. Just use healthier, lower calorie versions of them!
This Weight Watchers Roasted Brisket Recipe is the perfect main dish to serve at your Passover dinner! With just 5 Weight Watcher Points per serving, you’ll get a hearty sized portion that tastes amazing but won’t ruin your diet.
Brisket is such a traditional Passover recipe, and not serving it at your Pesach dinner would be a real bummer. But with this low Points Weight Watchers Recipe, you now have a Roasted Brisket to serve to the whole family!
This lightened up Jewish holiday classic is a must try. Toss in some potatoes to bulk up the dish – but let your non Weight Watcher guests eat those ;). Chag Sameach!
Weight Watchers Roasted Brisket Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 5 oz mushrooms, sliced (about 2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 1/2 pounds raw lean beef brisket, trimmed, use brisket from the flat half
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
TIP: For added color and flavor, substitute a cup of frozen green bell pepper strips for half of the mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Spread onion slices and garlic on bottom of a nonstick roasting pan; top with carrots and mushrooms. Arrange beef over vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, paprika, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pour tomato mixture over brisket and vegetables; tightly cover with a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Roast for 2 hours and then remove from oven; uncover, stir and use pan juices to baste meat.
- Return brisket to oven and roast for about 1 hour more, uncovered, basting every 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- Serve meat and vegetables with sauce spooned over top.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings.
Serving size is 3 oz of beef plus ¾ cup of vegetables and sauce
Each serving = 5 Weight Watchers Points