Haroset is a traditional Jewish dish that is an integral part of any Passover meal. This Weight Watchers Haroset recipe is crunchy and sweet, and delicious sandwiched between matzo. So you can enjoy all the wonderful flavors and traditions of Passover, and yet still be able to stick to your Weight Watchers Plan.
This tasty and traditional Jewish Recipe has just 2 Weight Watcher Points per serving and is loaded with all sorts of nutritional tidbits! Fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and more! And it’s much lower in calories than traditional Haroset recipes.
If you want a healthy Passover Recipe to serve this year, give this Haroset a try — it’ll satiate the whole family, but still help you stay within your Daily Points Range.
Weight Watchers Haroset Recipe
- 4 medium apples, cored and cut into 4 pieces each*
- 6 fl oz sweet dessert wine, Kosher for Passover
- 1 cup raisins, golden-variety, chopped
- 1 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp honey
*Four different varieties of apples recommended.
This recipe can be made a day or two ahead. The mixture will turn brown the longer it sits but the flavors really blend well.
- Shred apples into a large, non-reactive bowl; add remaining ingredients and toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Entire recipe makes 24 servings.
Serving size is 1/3 cup
Each serving = 2 Weight Watchers Points