Talk about a yummy dish!! This fabulously tasty Weight Watcher Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche Recipe is a sure hit. With just 5 Weight Watchers Points per slice, it’s the perfect, low calorie breakfast recipe to serve up any time you are craving it.
The flaky crust and thick, creamy filling is absolutely delicious and totally satisfying. Plus, with the broccoli, eggs, and cheese, this quiche recipe is not only low in Points, but it’s good for you too! Loaded with protein, calcium, fiber and antioxidants, you’ll get a lot of bang for your buck with this breakfast favorite.
Traditionally a breakfast food, this Weight Watcher Quiche Recipe is so good, you might find yourself preparing it for a lunch or dinner too! And why not? It’s a wonderfully healthy meal choice for any time of the day.
Weight Watchers Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche Recipe
- 6 oz pie crust, 9-inch, refrigerated
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg white
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or more to taste
- 10 oz frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well-drained
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
TIP: Not a broccoli fan? Substitute spinach in its place.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Press pie crust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch, removable-bottom tart pan or a 9-inch pie pan; refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make filling, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer onion to a large bowl and add ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese, egg, egg whites, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well and fold in broccoli.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust and level surface with a wooden spoon; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped dill.
- Bake until a knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 slice (1/8th of quiche)
Each serving = 5 Weight Watchers Points