With Memorial Day right around the corner, it’s time to start putting together your Memorial Day Weight Watchers Recipes! And this yummy, low calorie Potato Salad Recipe is the perfect addition to your holiday BBQ.
It has a 4 point value for each serving and is packed with fiber and antioxidants. I beefed it up with some green beans to add quantity, without adding more fat and calories. And instead of using mayo as in a traditional potato salad recipe, I used just a bit of reduced calorie mayo and GOLD DIPT FAT FREE TARTAR SAUCE instead! It is soooooo yummy!
Your guests will be surprised at how delicious this low fat potato salad recipe is. So there’s no need to give up your favorite Memorial Day Recipes when you are on Weight Watchers. And this version is even better than the Weight Watchers Potato Salad Recipes that I’ve tried!
Low Fat Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked red potatoes
- 2 tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of fat free tartar sauce (Mc Cormick’s makes a YUMMY one)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 3 tbsp chives, fresh, chopped
- 8 oz green snap beans, stem ends trimmed, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover them; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 to 30 minutes; drain.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice each into eight pieces.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, tartar sauce, vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer cut potatoes to a large bowl; add scallions, chives, and green beans. Toss with dressing until coated.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 4 point values