Ok, I know it’s been a while since I’ve last posted, so please forgive my delay in posting new healthy recipes that are low calorie and yummy.
Anyway, on to today’s delicious low calorie Chicken Parmesan recipe.
This tasty dish has a Points of just 5, so it’s the perfect healthy dinner recipe that won’t use up all your Weight Watchers Points! It’s loaded with protein and fiber, so aside from being low calorie, it’s got some great health benefits too. And I love that this Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe is so super easy to prepare.
It’s simple, yet low calorie and delicious. If you love traditional Italian recipes but are petrified of their fat and calorie content, give this version a try!
Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal, ground into fine, breadcrumb-like consistency
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp low calorie butter, melted (I like Brummel & Brown Spread)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara
- Non-fat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
Combine breadcrumbs, Fiber One, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in another bowl.
- Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more cooking oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Entire Recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size = 1 piece
*This is not an official Weight Watchers Recipe.