With temperatures still on the rise this summer, this light and delicious Avocado and Crab Salad Recipe is the perfect dish to serve up! Loaded with flavor, tang and creamy goodness, this fresh salad recipe is not only DELISH…it’s good for you too!
Though this is not an official Weight Watchers recipe, if you are a weight watcher, you will definitely want to add this low point salad recipe to your collection.
And this fabulous little dish can be served as an appetizer or over a bed of fresh greens for a delightful summer salad.
- 1 medium Hass avocado
- 4 oz lump crab meat
- 1 tbsp chopped red tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
NOTE: For added heat and spice, try adding in 1 tsp finely chopped jalapeno peppers! Or add a little variety by adding 1 tbsp of pear or papaya for a sweeter, fresher taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, tomato, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro salt and pepper.
- Add crab meat and toss well.
- Cut avocado open, remove pit and spoon out avocado. Cut into large chunks and add to crab.
- Mix carefully, not to mash the avocado. Spoon back into avocado shells and enjoy!
- Entire Recipe makes 2 servings
Each serving = 5 Points