I’m on big salad kick lately. Maybe it’s because it’s so hot out, I just don’t feel like eating anything else. Or maybe it’s because I’ve found such awesome low calorie salad recipes lately that I actually ENJOY eating it! Either way, I’m all about the greens. And I’ve recently come across this amazingly good low calorie Cobb Salad Recipe. Each serving has just a 5 Points, which is a phenomenal count, considering that a traditional cobb salad recipe can clock in at well over 20 Weight Watchers Points per serving…SCARY! So this lighter version is a real treat. And it still has all of the yummy goodness that makes a cobb salad tasty! Bacon, blue cheese, egg…mmmmm! If you love cobb salads, then this low calorie recipe is a MUST try!
Light Cobb Salad Recipe
– 1/2 head of romaine, coarsely chopped
– 1 cucumber, chopped or sliced into small pieces
– 1/2 head of Boston lettuce (or Iceberg), coarsely chopped
– 2 hard-boiled large eggs, separated, whites and yolks finely chopped
– 5 slices of extra lean turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
– 1 ripe avocado, cut into small pieces
– 6 oz chicken breast, cooked and diced
– 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup blue cheese
– 1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
– 2/3 cup olive oil
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 1 small clove garlic, crushed
– Salt and pepper
Combine chopped lettuce in a large salad bowl.
Arrange the chicken, bacon, tomato, egg and avocado over the greens.
Whisk vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the oil in a slow stream, whisking until it is emulsified. Serve separately.
Entire Recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1/8 of entire recipe
Each serving, with dressing = 5 Points
This recipe was created by Gina’s WW Recipes.