This delicious tangy Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe is a fabulous, 0 Points Total dish that’s super easy to make, yet is a unique substitute for traditional salads.
It’s a tasty side dish recipe that was given to me by another Weight Watchers member, and I’m so glad I gave it a try! All the ingredients have 0 Weight Watchers Points, so each serving would have to be pretty big in order to rack up any Points.
This can be eaten alone as a salad, or makes a wonderful garnish or topping for healthy meat recipes. If you want a good low calorie salad to add to your Weight Watchers Salad Recipes repertoire, this is one to consider!
Low Calorie Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 6 regular sized cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Splenda (the kind in the box for baking, not the packets)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp sliced fresh hot red or green chilies (use more if you like it spicy!)
**You can peel the cucumbers if you prefer, but I left the skin on on for more flavor and texture.
Combine vinegar, water, Splenda and salt and boil until Splenda and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat, cool to room temp.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, shallots, red onion and chilies. Add cooled vinegar mixture and toss. Enjoy!
Serving size = 1 cup
Each serving = 0 Points