While looking for good Weight Watchers Breakfast Recipes, I came across this fabulous recipe for Apple Butter French Toast with Honey and Almonds!
It’s deliciously sweet and flavorful and because it’s baked, it’s super easy to make. I let the bread soak overnight, and then popped it in the oven in the morning for a gourmet breakfast treat! My husband and I both loved it.
And with just a 2 Points per slice, it’s a great, low point breakfast recipe for anyone who’s looking for a yummy, yet satisfying dish.
Though this is not an official one of Weight Watchers Recipes, it’s definitely a must try.
Apple Butter French Toast Recipe
- 6 slices light bread (I used Sara Lee Delightful)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup fat-free skim milk
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate (I used the frozen kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp honey
- a few spritz’s of “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” spray
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
*If you prefer to make your own homemade Apple Butter, check out this fabulous low calorie apple butter recipe!
- Place bread in a 9-inch square baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine egg substitute, milk, apple juice concentrate and vanilla extract. Pour over bread and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Spritz with a few sprays of the 0 calorie butter spray, drizzle with the honey, and then sprinkle with the almonds.
- Combine apple butter and allspice; serve with French toast.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 slice
Each serving = 2 Points