Now that the Super Bowl feasting is over, it’s time to get back on track. (Congrats, Saints!) And this low calorie Philly Cheese steak Recipe is the perfect meal to help you be good, but still tastes like you are being bad.
With a 7 Points per serving, it’s a MUCH healthier version than the traditional cheese steak recipes which can clock in at over 22 Points per sandwich. Yikes!
Though this is not and official one of Weight Watchers Sandwich Recipes, it’s a great alternative to the real thing for anyone who wants to indulge without the bulge.
It’s pretty easy to make, tastes great, and offers a wonderful way to enjoy a lower point version of one of the greatest sandwiches ever!!
Philly Cheese Steak Recipe
- 1 lb lean flank steak, cut into 8 thin slices
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized green bell pepper, thinly sliced and de-seeded
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 high fiber sandwich rolls (between 90-140 calories each)
- 4 slices fat free American cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and sauté onions and green peppers over medium high heat until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove onions & green peppers from pan; set aside.
- Add steak slices to skillet and sauté until browned and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Divide steak evenly between 4 buns and top each sandwich with onions, peppers and a slice of cheese. (I sliced my cheese in half to make it easier to cover the whole length of the sandwich.
- Wrap in foil, transfer to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 4 sandwiches
Serving size is 1 sandwich
Each serving = 7 Points