photo credit: sweet beet and green bean
If you are looking for a tasty, low point spread recipe to spice up your sandwich or to dip your veggies in, this Cilantro Almond Dip Recipe is a fabulous option.
Creamy and flavorful, it can be used anywhere! Make it as a cracker spread for a party, use it as a dip for raw vegetables or pita chips, or spread it onto a low calorie turkey sandwich to kick up the flavor notch. It’s super easy to make and can be prepared the night before it’s being served. It’s an ideal appetizer recipe or sandwich spread.
With just 1 Point for 2 tbsp, this low calorie dip recipe is a great addition to any weight watchers recipes collection.
Cilantro Almond Dip Recipe
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 medium jalapeno chopped, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of white pepper
- Purée all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours before serving.
Entire recipe makes 2 cups
Serving size = 2 tbsp
Each serving = 1 Point