This Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe is a great idea to serve as a low calorie appetizer recipe or even as a low points side recipe. It’s really easy and tastes delicious, hello blue cheese!!!
These cheesy potatoes taste just as good as the restaurants’ version, but with much less fact and calories. Each one has just 3 Points, and is a great low calorie snack idea too!
Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
A perfect low calorie side dish recipe, these Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes are just 3 Points each, and are loaded with flavor. Reduced fat crumbled blue cheese, fresh green onions, and sour cream give this healthy baked potato recipe some real zing!
- 2 large Idaho potatoes
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 green onion stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Bacon Bits
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pierce potatoes with fork. Bake until tender, 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes lengthwise, once. With spoon, scoop out potato pulp, forming 4 shells.
- Place pulp in bowl; add sour cream, blue cheese, green onions, salt & pepper and parsley. With fork,, mash until combined.
- Spritz potato shells with a bit of butter flavored, non-fat cooking spray, and then sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Smooth potato mixture into shells. Place on baking sheet and bake until heated through, 15 minutes
- Top with a bit more green onions, parsley and bacon bits.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 potato half with topping mixture
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 194 calories; 1.5g fat; 5g protein; 17g carbohydrates; 2g fiber