Inspired by Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, I decided to put a weight watchers spin on one of his yummy and healthy spaghetti recipes. It turned out delicious! My family gobbled it down and had no idea that they were eating something so good for them.
With just a 4 Points per serving, this classic spaghetti recipe gets a healthy makeover and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. It’s a really easy recipe that I was able to slim down pretty easily without sacrificing any taste.
One of my secret weapons is the pasta noodles. A while back I blogged about Ronzoni’s Smart Taste Pasta. I really love this stuff, and so does my family. It allows me the luxury to eat low Points pasta that actually tastes amazingly good and just like good ol’ carb heavy white pasta. It’s loaded with fiber and calcium and has just a 3 Points per serving! Good for me and good for my family.
If you haven’t tried this pasta yet, get your butts to the grocery store and pick some up ASAP! Put it to use in this low points spaghetti recipe and enjoy!
Thanks Jamie Oliver!!
Jamie Oliver’s Classic Spaghetti Recipe
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh red chile
- a small bunch of fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 box of Ronzoni Smart Taste Spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil, add the spaghetti and cook according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add the garlic, chile, and basil stalks and give them a stir.
- When the garlic begins to brown slightly, add most of the basil leaves and the canned tomatoes. Turn the heat up high and stir for a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti in a colander, then transfer it to the pan of sauce and stir well.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if you think it needs it.
TO SERVE YOUR PASTA: Divide the pasta between your bowls. Roughly tear over the remaining basil leaves.
OPTIONAL (THIS CAN BE ADDED TO YOUR TOMATO SAUCE WHEN IT’S FINISHED. JUST STIR IN AND WARM THROUGH): Add a handful of baby spinach leaves to the sauce at the same time that you add the pasta — when the leaves have wilted remove from the heat and serve with ½ oz crumbled goat’s cheese on top (this addition of goat cheese adds 1 extra Points).
Entire recipe makes 7 servings
Each serving = 4 Points
Are you inspired by Jamie Oliver too? If so, check out his book! It’s a must read!