photo credit: my recipes
Here’s a fantastic way to spice up your green beans! This easy caramelized green beans and shallot recipe is ideal to accompany any weight watchers meal.
I love veggies, but sometimes, I find it hard to get all my daily servings in without things getting boring. So when I tried this recipe, I was THRILLED! Full of flavor and light on calories, these tasty green beans with shallots and butter and bacon will be enjoyed by everyone.
And with just a 1 Point per serving, it’s the perfect weight watchers side dish recipe.
Shallots and Butter Green Beans Recipe
- 2 lbs green beans, cleaned & trimmed
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 2 tbsp Hormel 50% Less Fat Real Bacon Bits
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp light butter (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a large frying pan or wok, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and shallots and saute for about 4 minutes. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 1/2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in the grated lemon rind, chopped thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for about 3 minutes (or until crisp-tender); drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans with the shallot mixture and toss well to coat.
Entire recipe makes 10 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 1 Point