photo credit: my recipes
Full of fiber and flavor, this tasty black bean dip recipe is incredibly filling. Serve it as a dip with fresh veggies, baked pita chips, or baked tortilla chips as a delicious and healthy appetizer recipe.
I also used this dip as a sandwich spread on a turkey breast sandwich. Deelish! This is really such an easy dip recipe, you can make it in no time, so it’s a great snack idea if you need to whip up something healthy – fast!
Also, I am obsessed with spicy foods, so if you don’t like things as hot as I do, just take out the jalapenos in this recipe. :)
Though this is not an official one of Weight Watchers Dip Recipes, it’s 1 Point servings, make it an ideal dip for any dieter.
Spicy Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup fresh pico de gallo or chunky salsa
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh jalapenos, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup plain, fat-free yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor blend until chunky or smooth (depending on which consistency you prefer)
- Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro.
Entire Recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1/4 cup
Each serving = 1 Point