photo credit: saving with shellie
Welcome to the hot days of summer!!
And there’s nothing that feels more like summer to me than a nice, cold, creamy root beer float. I’m seriously salivating at the thought of one right now! But buying a root beer float at one of your favorite ice cream joints or at a restaurant can really rack up your Weight Watchers Points.
This easy, low calorie version of a traditional root beer float recipe has just a 2 Points for the entire, big, yummy float!
Full of sweet, cold, creamy goodness, this slimmed down root beer float does not lack in flavor – – it tastes FANTASTIC! And because root beer floats are so All American, they would make a great addition to your Weight Watchers 4th of July Recipes!
Diet Root Beer Float Recipe
- 1 12 fl oz can of diet root beer ( I used Diet A&W Root Beer)
- 1/2 cup Breyer’s Smooth and Dreamy, No Sugar Added, French Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fat Free Reddi Whip Whipped Cream
NOTE: You can turn this into just a 1 Point Root Beer Float simply by eliminating the whipped cream and using a fat free and higher fiber vanilla ice cream.
- In a tall, preferably chilled glass, pour the root beer.
- Then, top the root beer with the ½ cup scoop of ice cream.
- Top with a few short quirts of the whipped cream.
- Serve with a straw and a spoon.
Entire Recipe makes 1 serving
Serving size is the entire drink
Each serving = 2 Points