This super easy Baked Tilapia Recipe is the perfect dinner idea for any weight watcher. It’s loaded with lots of good for you stuff, but low in calories and Weight Watchers Points.
The traditional fried tilapia recipe is definitely not diet friendly, though it is quite tasty. So if you are looking for a healthier way to enjoy this tasty dish, my baked version is the answer. The crust is delicious and full of fantastic flavor. And the tilapia is so tender and juicy!
Trust me, after having this, you’ll never miss the fried version.
Baked Tilapia Recipe
- 4 fresh Tilapia fillets (approx 4oz each)
- 1/2 cup regular Fiber One Cereal
- 1/2 cup egg whites or egg substitute mix
- 1 tbsp granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- nonfat cooking spray, butter flavored
- 1 tbsp garlic herb seasoning (like Lizzie’s Kitchen Oh! So Garlic! Seasoning)
- Preheat broiler.
- In a food processor or blender, process the Fiber One Cereal until it becomes a breadcrumb like consistently.
- Combine the cereal mix into a small bowl with onion powder, Kosher salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper.
- In another small bowl, pour in the egg substitute.
- Coat a baking sheet with non fat, butter flavored cooking spray. Bread your fish fillets by dipping the fish into the egg substitute, and then gently shake off any excess. Then dip into cereal mixture and coat all sides of fillets evenly. Continue until all fish fillets are breaded.
- Transfer fish to baking sheet and drizzle with lemon juice; then spray again lightly with the non fat butter flavored cooking spray.
- Sprinkle garlic herb seasoning over top.
- Broil until fish is fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 fillet
Each serving = 3 Points