Sorry for the delay on the posting of new recipes, folks! For the past week, I’ve been having Internet connection issues (gotta love AT &T). And I think it’s resolved….at least for now. So while I’ve got my connection, on with today’s post!!
Now that summer is in full swing, it seems like there are pool parties, BBQ’s, birthday parties, picnics, and endless opportunities for good eats. In my quest to stay on track with my Weight Watchers goals, I always offer to bring a side dish that I can make and keep low in Points. It’s my go to dish that I can count on so that I know exactly how many Points I’m eating.
Well, one of my all time favorite summer BBQ recipes is this fabulously low calorie potato salad.
Each 3/4 cup serving has just a 2 Points!! Which is great because I almost never have 3/4 cup of anything, which is how I got myself into Weight Watchers to begin with! So I can have 2 servings for just a 5 Points – it’s so good, I feel like I’ve indulged, but in actuality, 5 Points isn’t so bad to spend on a very nice sized serving of potato salad.
What I also love about this popular side dish recipe, is that it tastes GREAT!! So even the non Weight Watchers eating it will enjoy it.
Though this isn’t an official Weight Watchers Potato Salad Recipe, anyone watching what they eat will definitely appreciate this one. Dig in!!
Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 packet Splenda
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, flat leaf style
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Boil potatoes in a in a large, saucepan. Make sure potatoes are covered with about 2 inches of water.
- Once it’s been brought to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender; drain and cool just a bit.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mash yolk from 1 egg with vinegar until smooth.
- Blend in , mayonnaise yogurt, relish, parsley, Splenda, salt and pepper.
- Add in the potatoes, celery and onion; mix well. Chop remaining egg white and egg; gently fold into potato salad.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is ¾ cup
Each serving = 2 Points