Looking for a yummy Southern Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe that will knock your socks off but will still keep you in line with your daily Weight Watchers Points?
Well this tasty Bacon and Cheese Biscuits Recipe will send you into a fit of carb loving back-flips! In fact, “tasty” isn’t even the best word to describe them, that word would be SUPER-FABULOUS! Cheese, bacon, bread — can you really go wrong with that combo?
Try these cheesy bacon biscuits as a side dish for your favorite low calorie Southern dinner for the perfect meal. Each biscuit has just a 3 Points, but be careful! Eat 2 and it will count as 7 Points!
Bacon and Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted, light butter, cold and cut into small pieces (like Brummel & Brown)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 tbsp light butter, set aside in a microwave safe bowl
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp dried parsley flakes
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonfat, butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until you get a crumb-like mixture.
- Add in the bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Mix in the buttermilk and milk to form a dough.
- Drop the dough by 1/4-cup measures (about the size of a 2” ice cream scoop) onto the baking sheet, making 16 mounds; push the mounds together. Spray mounds lightly with with the butter flavored, nonfat cooking spray.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 1 tablespoon light butter is a small bowl in your microwave.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits.
- Then, sprinkle a pinch of Kosher salt onto the top of each biscuit. Serve at once.
TIP: For best results, bake the turkey bacon in a 425°F oven until brown and very crispy, 12–15 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 16 servings
Serving size is 1 biscuit
Each serving = 3 Points