photo credit: cascadian farms
This versatile Blueberry Breakfast Granola Crisp recipe can be served as a breakfast or a dessert!
Sweet, tangy, crispy and delicious, I absolutely LOVED this low calorie dish as a healthy alternative for blueberry pie recipes. It’s SUPER easy to make, and doesn’t involve a lot of fancy ingredients, but man it’s good!
Each serving has just a 4 Points, but if you are into using Splenda as a sugar substitute, swap out the sugar with 3-4 packets of Splenda and knock a Point off of each serving. You can also serve it with a scoop of Weight Watchers ice cream to jazz it up as a satisfying dessert.
Though this isn’t an official one of Weight Watchers Breakfast Recipes, it’s a must have dish for any weight watcher who loves blueberry pie or fritters!
Blueberry Crisp Fritter Recipe
- 1/4 cup low-fat, ready-to-eat granola cereal
- 10 oz unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 2 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp honey
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, nutmeg, frozen berries, and cornstarch in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring gently and frequently with a rubber spatula.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened – about 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in fresh blueberries, orange rind and salt, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in toaster oven or dry skillet, toast granola until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- To serve, divide blueberry mixture among 2 bowls and top with granola and drizzle each serving with ½ tsp honey.
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Each serving = 4 Points