photo credit: cookie madness
A little over 2 years ago, two of my closest friends threw me a bridal shower, and included these AMAZINGLY delicious Lemon Cookies as favors for the guests. Omg, they were SO good. Words cannot describe.
Well, ever since then, I’ve been hesitant to treat my self to these high calorie goodies, and I couldn’t find a Weight Watchers Lemon Cookies recipe that I liked.
Needless to say, I’ve been dying for some lemon tea cookies!! So after playing around a bit with a few traditional lemon cookie recipes, I managed to create one that is decently lower in weight watchers points than the regular versions.
Of course, I still wish they would be even lower in points so I could eat 100 or so, but alas, just a few will have to do. Enjoy!
Lemon Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light butter, room temp
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup fat free plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg yolks and combine thoroughly.
- Add lemon juice and zest; beat well.
- Add yogurt and a small amount of flour mixture (about 2 tbsp); beat to combine.
- Add rest of flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Turn dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- Use large tablespoons of dough and roll int 30 balls; place about 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until edges of cookies turn golden, about 9 to 12 minutes.
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Put powdered sugar into a food storage bag; shake still-warm cookies, a few at a time, to coat lightly.
Entire recipe makes 15 servings
Serving size is 2 cookies
Each serving = 3 Points