kim’s simple recipes
While browsing through some Weight Watchers Appetizer Recipes the other day, I came across a traditional bruschetta recipe that looked pretty good. I gave it a try and was not impressed. Bland and boring. But in a desperate attempt to justify eating more bread, I wasn’t ready to give up on the idea of a good Italian Brushetta Recipe.
My spin on this popular appetizer recipe adds a TON of flavor and texture while still keeping it Weight Watchers friendly. Each nicely sized serving has just a 2 Points. But be forewarned….it was SO INCREDIBLY YUMMY it was almost impossible to stop myself from eating the entire 12 slices. Seriously. I could totally do it.
If you need a delicious appetizer recipe that will be enjoyed by weight watchers and non-weight watchers alike, you must give this one a try!
Goat Cheese and Bruschetta Appetizer Recipe
- 1 loaf French baguette bread, sliced into 12 even slices
- 6 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 6 oz package of goat cheese, room temp
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
PS. I’m a garlic fanatic, and even though this recipe is my mild version, if it still has too much garlic for you, feel free to cut some out :)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place bread slices on baking sheet, and then lightly spray the bread slices with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake until lightly browned, flipping once, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Evenly divide the goat cheese among all the bread slices and spread the cheese onto each slice.
- Top with tomato bruschetta mixture evenly onto bread slices. Serve immediately.
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is 1 slice of bruschetta
Each serving = 2 Points