If you’ve got a serious craving for chocolate, but don’t want to blow all your daily Weight Watchers Points, then this low calorie Chocolate Meringue Cookies Recipe is a perfect solution!
Sweet, crunchy and chocolate-y, these low Point cookies totally satisfied my sweet tooth, but only cost me 1 Point for two fabulous cookies! Quite a bargain.
I have always loved meringue cookies, but have been too intimidated to attempt baking them myself until one day when I was just so desperate for chocolate cookies, but didn’t want to spend all my Weight Watchers Points on one or two measly cookies. And this meringue cookie recipe gives you SO much bang for your buck.
Absolutely, well worth the elbow grease!!
Chocolate Meringue Cookies Recipe
- 5 large egg white
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine 1 egg white, 1/4 cup of cocoa, 2 tablespoons of sugar and both flavors of extract in a large bowl.
- Beat the remaining 4 egg whites and salt with an electric mixer just until soft peaks form; add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, while beating, until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture in three batches.
- Fill a pastry bag with the mixture and pipe out the cookies onto the cookie sheets. Each cookie should be about 1-inch wide.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes until a dried texture. Let cool completely on wire racks before removing from parchment paper.
Entire recipe makes 10 servings (about 20 cookies)
Serving size is 2 cookies
Each serving = 1 Point