photo credit: dairy goodness
Frittata Recipes are traditionally Italian or Spanish in origin, but have since become a popular breakfast recipe known throughout the US. And this delicious Ricotta, Broccoli and bacon Frittata Recipe is the perfect meal idea for any Weight Watcher!
Even though most people eat frittatas for breakfast, don’t be afraid to use this as a main dish recipe for lunch, brunch or dinner! With just 1 Point for each serving, this low calorie breakfast is a perfectly satisfying dish. Plus, it’s loaded with tasty veggies and BACON!
This is a wonderful and nutritious meal idea that the whole family can enjoy.
Ricotta and Broccoli Frittata Recipe, with Bacon
- 1 cup of egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chives, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- ¼ cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a 9-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet generously with nonstick, butter flavored cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Then, in a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, broccoli, tomatoes, herbs, bacon, salt and pepper; pour into hot skillet.
- Drop ricotta into egg mixture, spoonful by spoonful.
- Cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until eggs are set and only the surface is runny, about 3 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and bake, until cooked through and slightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slide frittata out of pan and cut into 8 wedges; serve immediately.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 wedge
Each serving = 1 Point