Perfect as a main dish recipe or a side dish, this deliciously light Shrimp Scampi Recipe is a great meal to have in your arsenal. It’s super easy to make, loaded with flavor, and full of protein, and is one of the better baked shrimp scampi recipes I’ve tried.
Most traditional shrimp recipes, particularly Lemon Garlic Shrimp, use a LOT of butter. If you are a Weight Watcher, you know that lots of butter = lots of Weight Watchers Points.
But with just a 4 Points per serving, this slimmed down seafood recipe is a fabulous alternative!
Baked Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp light butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with non stick cooking spray (preferably the butter flavored kind).
- Lay shrimp evenly in baking dish. In a medium sized bowl, combine remaining ingredients except parsley and Parmesan cheese, and pour over shrimp.
- Then, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the shrimp, and bake at 425°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Now sprinkle parsley over shrimp and serve immediately.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 3 oz of shrimp and 2 tbsp sauce
Each serving = 4 Points