photo credit: recipe bridge
There’s nothing like Southern cooking to get me drooling! This delicious Sausage and Potato Casserole Recipe is such a quick and easy meal that tastes so good, it’s hard to believe it’s only 5 Points!
Full of cheesy goodness, and flavorful sausage, I loved the variety of textures and flavors in this dish. You can use everything frozen and just throw it all together in a few minutes, which is great if you are pressed for time.
If you are a fan of the flavors of the South, then try this Potato and Sausage Casserole Recipe, asap!!
Sausage and Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups frozen hash brown style potatoes
- 8 oz turkey sausage, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels (thawed if using frozen)
- 1 cup bell peppers, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free skim milk
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a square or rectangular baking dish with non fat cooking spray.
- Pour in the potatoes, corn, peppers and onion, then top with sausage.
- In a small bowl, beat together milk, garlic powder, egg substitute, salt and pepper; pour over sausage and then top with cheese.
- Bake until casserole is cooked through and cheese is browned, about 45 minutes or so.
- Evenly cut into 6 pieces.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1/6 of casserole
Each serving = 5 Points