photo credit: recipes xy
First of all folks, I sincerely apologize for the delay in posting new recipes! My family and I just relocated to Orange County, CA from Los Angeles, and the past few weeks have been CRAZY HECTIC. I’ve had absolutely no time to blog and new Weight Watchers recipes.
But as my life gets back in order, I’m doing my best to keep this site updated and add new recipes more frequently. Additionally, I’m also working on some big changes for the site, and I’ll be sure to keep you all updated on that. :)
Anyway, on to today’s tasty recipe! With dreams of Superbowl foods dancing in my head, I wanted to share this delicious and easy Spicy Potato Skins Recipe that has just a 5 Points value for 2 filled skins.
Keeping the true flavor of this popular appetizer recipe, you get all the taste you expect, but a LOT less fat and calories. It’s so yummy, no one will have any idea it’s for weight watchers!
So if you are looking for a good weight watchers Super Bowl recipe or just a delicious low calorie snack recipe for anytime, these spicy chipotle potato skins will get you super excited!
Chipotle Potato Skins Recipe
- 4 large potatoes, baked, quartered lengthwise
- nonfat cooking spray
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco or hot sauce
- 4 slices extra lean turkey bacon (like Jenny-O), cooked, finely chopped
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onion stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scoop out flesh of the baked potatoes, leaving just a thin layer of potato flesh in potato.
- Spray each potato lightly with non fat cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine salt, oil, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Brush insides of potato wedges with the mixture.
- Place potato wedges in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with bacon and cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Dollop each potato with approx 1 tsp sour cream and sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 2 potato skins
Each serving = 5 Points