Here’s another fabulous chicken recipe to add to your Weight Watchers repertoire — a delicious Raspberry and Balsamic Chicken with Shallots Recipe with just a 7 Points total, from Eating Well.
It’s and easy to make, is super yummy and makes a great healthy meal idea for the whole family. The sweet and sour of the raspberry balsamic sauce is perfect, and adds such great flavor.
It’s a great go to meal when you need a quick weeknight dinner recipe that will make everyone happy.
Raspberry Balsamic Chicken with Shallots Recipe
- 16 oz ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots, (approx 3 large)
- 3/4 cup low sugar raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- Combine jam and vinegar in a small pan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring often, until the jam is dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt and pepper and let cool slightly. Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- Place chicken breasts and the rest of the sauce in a large, seal-able plastic bag. Seal and shake gently to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and thyme and cook, stirring often, until the shallots begin to soften, about 1 minute.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard marinade).
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until just beginning to brown, 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the reserved raspberry sauce; stir to melt the jam and coat the chicken.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 6 to 10 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast with sauce
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 296 calories; 4 g fat; 36 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 0 g fiber