If you want a delicious, yet healthy pasta recipe that is oh-so satisfying, give this Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Vegetables Recipe a try, asap! I know, I know…10 Points can seem kinda scary, but it’s really equivalent to the old Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes that were around 7 Points. So try not to freak about the Points Value of this dish, since everyone’s daily Points allowance is a lot higher now.
But if you are really that freaked out, cut the serving size down to 1 cup for just 5 Points. :) Also, keep in mind that each serving is 2 cups, which a FABULOUS serving size!
It’s such a flavorful dish with so many wonderful colors and textures, it makes an ideal healthy pasta recipe to serve at a dinner party! Loaded with veggies and fiber, it has a slight Mediterranean flavor, and works well with a variety of side dishes.
It’s also pretty easy to make, so you won’t be slaving all day in the kitchen!
Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe, with Vegetables
- 12 oz raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 oz high fiber pasta, like Ronzoni Smart Taste Spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package directions, but adjust time accordingly to keep it al dente.
- Add shrimp, asparagus, bell pepper and peas and cook until the pasta is tender and the shrimp are cooked, 2 to 4 minutes more. Drain well.
- Mash garlic and salt in a large bowl until a paste forms.
- Whisk in yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, onion, oil and pepper.
- Add the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is approx 2 cups
Each serving = 10 Points
PER SERVING: 385 calories; 6 g fat; 53 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 10 g fiber