Looking for a great, low Points Dessert Recipe? Try this delicious Blueberry Tart, and you’ll swear you’re not dieting.
Full of flavor and healthy fats, this dessert actually packs a pretty powerful punch when it comes to nutrients. If you’re going to eat dessert, why not eat one that’s actually pretty good for you and chock full of vitamins and antioxidants?
With just 4 Points per slice, you can enjoy a super yummy dessert that’s made with REAL ingredients…not artificial sweeteners. It’s creamy, sweet, tart and absolutely decadent.
Serve it as a treat for the family after dinner, or take it to a potluck and impress all your friends and family with your incredibly delicious and HEALTHY dessert!!
Blueberry Tart Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp light butter, melted
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fat free vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, Grade A
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coarsely chop walnuts in a food processor. Add graham cracker crumbs and process until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until frothy. Add the crumb mixture, butter, oil and salt; toss to combine.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Set the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until dry and slightly darker around the edges, about 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling: Beat cream cheese, yogurt and 1/4 cup maple syrup in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- When the crust is cool, spread the filling evenly into it, being careful not to break up the delicate crust.
- Arrange blueberries on the filling, pressing lightly so they set in. Chill for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is 1/12 of pie
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 153 calories; 10 g fat; 15 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber