This year, don’t be the one who puts out that crappy, jarred salsa at your Superbowl Party….instead, try this quick and easy Roasted Corn Salsa Recipe.
It’s colorful, amazingly flavorful, and definitely a change of pace. Granted, corn is the base for this salsa, so it will have some calories and carbs, but for just 4 Points, you get a HUGE, heaping, full cup serving!
Sometimes, I just forgo the chips and eat this by itself as a side salad. My husband LOVES it. It’s so easy to make, and it’s so much more flavorful and impressive than typical salsas.
This is one more WW Superbowl Recipe that should make it to your table this year!
Roasted Corn Salsa Recipe – 4 Points
- 4 cups corn kernels (I used frozen)
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 4-ounce can chopped mild green chilies
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp fresh jalapeno, finely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat a dry cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add corn and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 158 calories; 2g fat; 32g carbohydrates; 7g protein; 7g fiber