photo credit: web md
It’s Tuesday, and I’m feeling LAZY. So tonight’s dinner will be my trusted and true, slow cooker Pot Roast Recipe.
I love the ease of WW crock pot recipes and the fact that they are always so yummy! This particular pot roast is super flavorful and delicious, and the meat is so moist, it just melts in your mouth, like butter, baby! It’s a healthier version with a LOT less sodium, fat and calories than traditional pot roast recipes, but still tastes just as good.
And at just 5 Points per serving, including the gravy, it makes an awesome, low calorie weeknight dinner idea. Easy for me, good for my family!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 4 lb lean beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup butternut squash, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, turning from time to time, until well browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker. Add onions, carrots, garlic, sage, thyme, coffee and vinegar; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until beef is tender, 4 1/2 to 5 hours or High or 7 to 8 hours on Low.
- Add the butternut squash and parsley in the last 2 hrs of cooking.
- Meanwhile, skim fat from the braising liquid. Pour the liquid from your slow cooker into a medium saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, whisking, until the gravy thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Carve the beef and serve with gravy.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 4oz of meat with 1/3 cup gravy
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 220 calories; 5 g fat; 5 g carbohydrates; 32 g protein; 1 g fiber