Apricot Glazed Roast Pork Loin Recipe
A quick and easy weight watchers dinner idea, this low calorie pork recipe is a real treat. Light and flavorful, and just 5 Points per serving. Pair it with a low calorie side dish recipe or some roasted vegetables for a healthy meal idea.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup reduced sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Tie kitchen string around pork in two or three places so it doesn’t flatten while roasting. Rub salt and pepper all over the pork.
- Place the pork in the prepared pan. Roast pork, turning once, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine apricot preserves, espresso powder, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, nutmeg and cloves in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, and then remove from heat.
- After the pork has cooked for about 20 minutes, brush all over with ½ of the glaze. (Leave the remaining glaze in the pan.) Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of the meat registers 140°F, about 15-20 minutes more. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add broth to the remaining glaze in the pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove the string and slice the pork into 6 even slices. Serve with the sauce.
Cooking time (duration): 55
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 slice of pork with sauce
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 213 calories; 7 g fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 0 g fiber