For a versatile dish that can be used a main dish, side dish, dinner or healthy lunch idea, this Tuna and Pasta Salad Recipe with Roasted Red Peppers and a Goat Cheese sauce is delicious!!! Super easy to make, but the taste is gourmet. Each serving has just 7 Points, and all the fiber & protein makes it a very satisfying dish.
Plus, the combo of the goat cheese and red peppers just works so well together! Though this is not an official one of Weight Watchers Tuna Recipes, it’s a wonderful family meal idea for any time. It was such a hit at home, I’m planning on doubling the recipe and taking it to a potluck this weekend!
Tuna and Pasta Salad Recipe with Roasted Red Peppers
This easy lunch recipe is a wonderful meal idea for anyone who wants gourmet taste, but withe healthy nutritional stats. With just 7 Points per serving, this delicious Pasta and Tuna Salad Recipe is enhanced with the mouth-watering flavors of goat cheese and roasted red peppers. I love using this as a low calorie cold pasta salad recipe to take to spring potlucks!
- 1 ½ cups of Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta
- 1 6-ounce can chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped into small pieces
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Then drain and rinse under cold water, and set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in medium sized bowl, combine tuna, 1/3 cup red peppers, onions and cucumbers.
- Combine yogurt, goat cheese, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and the remaining 1/3 cup red peppers in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add to the tuna mixture along with the red pepper sauce to pasta; toss to coat.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 254 calories; 5 g fat; 36 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 8 g fiber