photo credit: cooking light
Greek Salad Recipes have always been a diet staple of mine because the flavors are SO good, and it’s easy to make a large, satisfying serving that doesn’t sacrifice the taste, but is still low in calories.
By making your Greek Salad Dressing, instead of buying store bought, not only is it healthier, but is tastes SO fresh and delicious!
With the added flavors of the Kalamata olives and the fat free Feta cheese, this salad tastes so good, it’s hard to believe it’s only 4 Points for a huge 3 cup serving.
Though not an official one of Weight Watchers Salad Recipes, it’s the perfect healthy lunch idea or dinner for anyone counting calories but still wanting a filling dish.
Low Calorie Greek Salad Recipe with Chicken
Finally, a filling salad recipe that is not only a great low calorie lunch idea, but tastes delicious too! Made with fresh ingredients, and a homemade Greek Salad dressing recipe, this dish is sure to satisfy. And each 3 cup serving has just 4 Points!
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives, drained and pitted
- 2/3 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese (Trader Joe’s makes a GREAT one!)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, oregano, salt and pepper together.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Greek
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 3 cups
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 198 calories; 3g fat; 9 g carbohydrates; 32 g protein; 3 g fiber