photo credit: food network
The perfect, healthy Spring breakfast recipe is here!! This delicious Egg Whites Frittata is made with a lot of good for you ingredients, but the flavorful smoked gouda cheese is what really makes this Italian Omelet Recipe a real palate pleaser. With fresh spinach and dill, you’ll get some well needed fiber and antioxidants, and the lean ham and egg whites will pack in the protein. And the best part is – each serving is just 2 Points!! Wahoo!!! Even though this is not an official one of Weight Watchers Breakfast Recipes, anyone who wants is looking for a flavorful, but low calorie egg recipe will definitely enjoy this dish. Plus, isn’t it just fun to say you made a “frittata”?!? It feels so posh.
Spinach, Ham and Egg Whites Frittata Recipe
Looking for a low calorie WW Breakfast recipe that still tastes great? Well this delicious Egg Whites, Ham and Spinach Frittata will definitely fit the bill. Made with low calorie ingredients, it maintains a healthy profile, but still packs in some amazing flavors.
- 2 cups liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup lean ham, diced
- 1 5oz bag fresh baby spinach, washed and chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced fat smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, diced
- 2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat to 450°F and position oven rack in upper third of oven
- Whisk egg whites, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Spray a frittata pan or a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with nonfat cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Add fresh dill lemon zest and leeks; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach and ham; cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata so uncooked egg can flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, about 8 minutes.
- Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving. Slice into 6 equally sized portions.
Cooking time (duration): 25
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipes makes 6 servings
Serving size 1s 1/6th of frittata
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 112 calories; 2g fat; 4 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 1 g fiber