This delicious Roast Leg of Lamb Recipe will make the perfect centerpiece to your Easter Dinner this year. Full of vibrant and fresh flavors, the meat is paired with some zero Points vegetables and a fabulous herb sauce.
It’s such an amazing lamb recipe – no one will ever know that it’s low calorie too!
And though it’s not an official one of Weight Watchers Easter Recipes, it’s a fantastic main dish recipe for any dieter who wants to enjoy the savory flavors of spring while still keeping track of their weight loss goals.
Each serving, has just 6 Points, which isn’t too bad considering we are talking about a nicely sized serving of lamb and veggies, dressed with a creamy herb sauce.
If you are still looking for a low calorie meat recipe to put on your Easter table this year, give this one a shot!
Roast Lamb Recipe with Vegetables and Herb Sauce Recipe
The perfect low calorie Easter Dinner Recipe, this healthier Roast Leg of Lamb is sure to be a treat for everyone. Paired with delicious roasted veggies and a creamy herb sauce recipe, no one will know it’s a low calorie meal.
- 1 4 lb boneless leg of lamb, trimmed
- 2 medium heads cauliflower
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 lb shallots
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place sage, tarragon and parsley in a food processor. Add 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp water mustard, garlic, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper and process until fairly smooth. Transfer 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a medium bowl; set aside.
- If your lamb is in the oven-safe netted bag used by most supermarkets, remove the bag. Open the lamb so it’s flat. Spread three-fourths of the remaining herb mixture over the surface of the lamb. Roll the lamb closed and tie in several spots with kitchen string so it is about the shape of a large football; transfer to a large roasting pan and spread the remaining herb mixture over the top and sides.
- Peel and halve shallots; trim and cut cauliflower into florets; slice zucchini into 1-inch rounds.
- Combine the shallots, zucchini and cauliflower in a large bowl with the remaining 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp water, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Roast the lamb in the center of the oven for 20 minutes. Add the vegetable mixture to the pan around the lamb. Continue to roast, stirring the vegetables every 20 minutes or so, until they are golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 140°F (for medium-rare) to 145° (for medium), 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes more. Transfer the lamb to a clean cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into 12 equally sized pieces.
- Add lemon juice and yogurt to the bowl with the reserved herb mixture; stir to combine. Slice the lamb and serve with the vegetables and sauce.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is 4oz lamb and 3/4 cup veggies
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 276 calories; 8g fat; 10 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 2 g fiber