There’s no question about it, pizza is my absolute most favorite food, EVER. I never tire of it, and even when it’s bad pizza, it’s still pretty good. Seriously, I will knock you over, running to get a piece. I realize that my pizza obsession may be a bit of a problem. So to help keep my pizza feasting in check, I make these quick and easy mini pizzas that are pretty darn tasty and have just 5 points + each. They truly are a no fuss meal and are a great healthy lunch idea for kids too! The fresh basil leaves and tomato give it a nice aesthetic appeal, and of course, add such amazing flavor. Each individual pizza is super high in fiber and low in fat. If you are a pizza-aholic, try this Personal Tomato Basil Pizza Recipe to keep yourself from speed dialing Papa John’s. :)
Fresh Tomato Basil Pizza Recipe
The perfect low calorie pizza recipe that’s not only quick and easy, but tastes fantastic! Each individially sized pizza has just 5 Points, so please, eat the whole thing, lick your fingers, and feel good!
- 1 Western Bagel Alternative Pita Bread
- 2 tbsp pre-made pizza sauce from a jar or can
- 1 slice light provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 4-5 slices of fresh roma tomato
- 3-4 fresh to basil leaves
- Sprinkle of garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet or pizza pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray foil with nonfat cooking spray.
- Place a whole slice of pita bread onto the foil.
- Top the pita bread with tomato sauce, cheese, fresh tomatoes and garlic powder.
- Put in the oven and cook until cheese is almost melted, about 5-7 minutes.Take pizza out of oven and top with fresh basil leaves.
- Return to oven, and continue to bake for another 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 1
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 1 serving
Serving size is entire pizza
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 215 calories; 5g fat; 29g carbohydrates; 17g protein; 9g fiber