BBQ Chicken Salads are one of my favorite healthier entrees to order when I go out to eat. But since a salad isn’t always able to fill me up, I took a traditional barbecue chicken salad recipe and rolled it into a high fiber wrap making it a VERY satisfying, healthy lunch idea.
By bulking the dish up with some flavorful veggies, and choosing a low carb tortilla wrap like Large La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortillas, I was able to create a low calorie chicken wrap recipe that still packs in all the tasty BBQ flavors we all know and love.
Chow down on the whole, very nicely sized wrap for just 7 Points. And though it’s sot and official one of Weight Watchers Recipes, this makes a great low calorie lunch or dinner idea for anyone counting their calories. Enjoy!
Barbecue Chicken Wrap Recipe
Looking for healthy chicken wrap recipes that actually leave you feeling satisfied? This BBQ Chicken Wrap is the perfect solution! Just 7 Points for the entire wrap. It’s loaded with tasty veggies and a delicious, creamy BBQ sauce.
- 4 large, high fiber tortillas (I used Large La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortillas)
- 8 oz shredded, skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn (thawed if frozen, drained if canned)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Juice from 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add all ingredients except tortillas, carrots, cilantro and cabbage; stir to combine. Cook until hot, 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and cilantro.
- Assemble the wraps by equally diving the cabbage mixture between the 4 tortillas, and place in the center of each tortilla. Top with one-fourth of the chicken mixture; roll as you would a burrito.
- Slice in half diagonally and serve warm.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 wrap
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 206 calories; 5g fat; 34 g carbohydrates; 33 g protein; 14 g fiber